Is it safe to mix kratom with alcohol? The short answer: no.
People around the world commonly use alcohol to have fun, relax, and take the edge off after a long day. Kratom, too, is used by millions of people to ease their bodies and minds. So, is it safe to mix kratom with alcohol? Though it might be tempting, mixing kratom and alcohol is not a great idea.
Though you may find claims online from plenty of people who mix kratom and alcohol without any issues, the facts are that this practice is not yet supported by science or considered safe.
And, for as many claims as you may find praising kratom and alcohol use, you’ll find anecdotal evidence of many negative experiences with this mixture. In the kratom vs alcohol debate, one thing is certain: mixing the two is not advisable.
What Are the Effects of Mixing Kratom with Alcohol?
Kratom is dose-dependent, meaning that it has different effects depending on the dose. A small dose of kratom may make you feel euphoric and energized, while larger doses of kratom could make you feel sleepy and relaxed. Additionally, different strains of kratom have different alkaloid profiles that determine their effects.
Alcohol is a depressant. This means that it slows down your nervous system. This, coupled with the possible effects of kratom, is a recipe for unpredictability.
Some of the common effects of mixing kratom and alcohol include:
- Loss of coordination
Why it Is Not Safe To Mix Kratom with Alcohol
There are several reasons why it’s dangerous to mix kratom and alcohol, such as:
- Kratom can intensify the effects of alcohol, which can lead to vomiting and dehydration.
- Kratom can mask the symptoms of drunkenness, making you feel less intoxicated than you actually are.
- The combination of these substances may affect your judgment and decision-making skills. This can lead to risky behaviors.
The effects of kratom and alcohol can be dangerous. It is simply not worth the risk of mixing these substances. With kratom vs alcohol, using the substance on its own is always recommended.
How To Consume Kratom Products Properly
Now that you know the risks of mixing kratom and alcohol let’s talk about how to consume kratom properly.
- Start with a low dose: Kratom’s effects vary depending on the dose. So, it’s essential to start with a low dose and see how you react to it.
- Get kratom powder to make tea: Kratom tea is one of the most popular ways to consume kratom. This is a great way to start if you’re new to kratom.
- Consume kratom capsules: Kratom capsules are another popular way to consume kratom. They’re easy to take, and you can control the dose.
- Be patient: It can take up to 30 minutes for the effects of kratom to kick in. Be patient and don’t take another dose until you know how the first one affects you.
- Choose the right strain: There are different kratom strains with different effects; be sure to choose the right strain for your needs.
- Avoid mixing it with alcohol: As we’ve discussed, it’s dangerous to mix kratom with other substances such as alcohol.
As you can see, there are a few things to keep in mind when consuming kratom. The bottom line is that it’s simply not worth the risk to mix kratom and alcohol. Following these tips can help you use kratom safely.
Is it Safe to Mix Kratom With Alcohol? A Final Word
The verdict is in: it is not safe to mix kratom and alcohol. However, kratom seems to be endlessly useful; there is currently research happening to use kratom for alcoholism. Researchers have found certain kratom alkaloids beneficial in treating alcohol use disorder.
While our position on mixing kratom with alcohol is firmly “don’t do it,” we are excited to see this research on kratom for alcoholism unfurl, and hope that further strides can be made in finding ways that kratom can benefit us all.
If you’re looking for high-quality kratom, look no further than Kratom Capital. We offer a wide range of kratom products so that you can find the perfect one for your needs.
Our kratom powders are a great way to control your dose. You can start with a low dose and increase it as desired. We also have kratom capsules that are easy to take and offer a convenient way to consume kratom, since you know exactly how much you are taking.
We only sell the highest quality kratom, so you can be sure you’re getting an effective and safe product.